If you teach online at Mt. SAC, you have been SPOT-certified. Online professors already know: using technology for teaching is a continuous learning process!
The new faculty contract (2019/2020) now specifies: “SPOT certification is valid for a period of four (4) years. Every four (4) years, professors will be required to obtain a recertification through a condensed SPOT training approved by the Academic Senate, not to exceed four (4) hours.” -- (13.A.3) in the Faculty Contract
Recertifying in SPOT: What Counts?
How Do I Find Approved Recertification Activities?
We want you to have options that add value to your online teaching skills! More online and on-demand workshops will be announced as they become available. Click "More" to see list of approved Recertification Activities.
- WANT TO COMPLETE REGULATIONS UPDATE ONLINE? (Note: only one Regs Update counts per SPOT Recertification cycle.) CLICK HERE TO ENROLL IN REGS UPDATE ONLINE
- @ONE Trainings: Welcome to @ONE's Course List
- Please note: some @ONE activities do not receive credit/badges/certificates (for instance, self-paced activities do not). Most of the @ONE activities that do receive badges or certificates require significantly more than 4 hours of work to complete.
- Approved @ONE courses that count toward SPOT recertification: Creating Accessible Course Content; Equity and Culturally Responsive Teaching; Humanizing Your Online Teaching
Are You Ready to Submit Your Recertification Evidence?
- Have you completed your mandatory 1-hour Regulations Update for SPOT Recertification Activity? (One hour of the four hours should be Regs Update.)
- Have you completed 3 other hours of approved Recertification activities within your training date range?
If so, you are ready to submit for SPOT Recertification!
Questions? E-mail the Distance Learning Faculty Coordinator
|Distance Learning Faculty Coordinator||Carol Imparaemail@example.com|