Extended Opportunity Programs & Services
Utilizing a student-centered approach, Mt. SAC’s EOPS/CARE program provides over and
above personalized ongoing comprehensive
support services to historically underrepresented and low-socioeconomic students in order to increase their sense of belonging,
self-efficacy and awareness of opportunities to help students achieve their academic and personal goals.
As a comprehensive state-funded program, EOPS is driven by a philosophy of providing “over, above and in addition to” services to eligible Mt. SAC students.
- Priority registration
- Academic, career, personal and transfer counseling
- Supplemental textbook assistance
- Educational, transfer and career development workshops
- One-on-one tutoring
- Educational and cultural activities
- Application fee waivers to four-year institutions
- Cap and gown when you graduate/transfer
- Peer navigators support