Police and Campus Safety
General Parking Information
- You can order a parking permit online in your portal.
- Citations can be appealed at inside.mtsac.edu.
- Pay citations at the Cashier's Office in Building 4 or www.Pticket.com.
- You can buy a one day parking permit for $4 at any of the twenty Day-Use ticket dispensers on campus (Day-Use lots B & G, Student lots A, B, D, F, H, W, Champion Parking Structure and Gateway Parking Structure).
- Motorcycles must park in designated motorcycle parking locations. Permits are required in both Staff and Student lots.
- Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Student Parking Permits must be displayed properly. Dismissal of one citation per year for "No Valid Permit Displayed" or "Improper Display of Permit" will be granted if the request is received within 21 calendar days of citation issuance. A $5.00 processing fee applies to these dismissals.
- Student Parking permits are not required to be displayed the first two weeks of the Fall and Spring semesters, and during the first week of the Summer and Winter intersessions. However, fees ARE required to park at the Day Use Lots and Metered parking stalls, as stated in the Parking Rules and regulations.
- Vehicles issued five (5) or more unpaid delinquent parking citations are subject to being booted at owner expense.
- No overnight parking.
- Refunds will be made through the end of the second week of the fall and spring semesters, and the first week of the winter and summer intersessions. The permit must be returned with the application for refund. If it has already been affixed to the window/bumper, it must be removed and the pieces returned.
- Green curbs designate thirty-minute (30) and ten-minute (10) parking areas. These restrictions apply to students and staff.
- Metered parking is available in lots A1, B, D, F, G, H east, L, 67, W, and on Temple Avenue and Walnut Avenue.
- Permits are NOT VALID in metered stalls, Day-Use Lots. State Disabled Persons placards are allowed in meter stalls.
Faculty and Staff Parking
- A valid staff parking permit is required in staff parking lots. Staff permits are not valid in Student lots.
- Temporary staff parking permits may be obtained from Parking Services in Building 23.
- Staff permits cannot be used in metered stalls.
- Staff permits not valid in Day-Use Lots.
Special Parking Areas
- VISITORS: Thirty-minute (30) and ten-minute (10) parking areas are designated with green curbs. Visitors who need to park for longer time may use parking meter stalls found in certain parking lots on campus, or purchase a Day-Use Parking Permit (daily parking fee is $4.00).
- DAY-USE PARKING PERMITS: Day-use parking permit dispensers have been installed at various areas in student parking lots. Day-use parking permits may be purchased from these machines for a $4.00 fee and are valid for the date of purchase only. The parking permits will allow persons to park their vehicles in any student lot or Day-Use Lot. Day-use parking permits are NOT valid in metered parking stalls or staff lots.
- METERED PARKING: Metered parking is available for visitors in certain parking lots on campus (25¢ for each 15 minutes; 4 hour maximum) PERMITS ARE NOT VALID IN METERED STALLS. State Disabled Persons placards allowed at meters.
- DISABLED PERSONS PARKING: Vehicles parked in the Blue-Lined Disabled Persons Parking Stalls are required to properly display a current and valid State issued Disabled Persons placard. Individuals with a short-term special parking needs can contact the student Health Center, ext. 4400 for consideration of a temporary, limited medical parking permit. To disabled individuals who possess a State Disabled Persons Placard and receive a citation for failing to display their placard, who request a citation dismissal and submit their current Disabled Placard documentation as evidence that a placard had been issued to them, must pay a $25.00 administrative fee to process the cancellation of the citation as per California Vehicle Code Section 40226. Disabled Placards can be used in any student, staff, green, or metered space.
- STAFF LOTS: All faculty & staff must have a current, valid staff parking permit in designated staff parking lots. Temporary staff parking permits may be obtained from Parking Services, Bldg. 23. Staff permits are not valid in metered stalls or Day-Use Lots.
- EV PARKING: A valid parking permit is also required for vehicles using any Electric Vehicle (EV) stalls. Vehicles must be connected to the supplied charging station and actively charging to avoid a citation. To ensure availability and turnover, there is a four-hour charge time limit.
- MOTORCYCLES: As long as traffic is not obstructed, students may park in student lots only at the end of parking rows within the lines if not marked NO PARKING with a student permit. A motorcycle parked in a parking stall must display a student parking permit. A staff permit is required on all motorcycles parked in staff lots.
- NO OVERNIGHT PARKING: No person shall abandon or leave standing any vehicle or motorized cycle on the campus for 72 or more consecutive hours without permission of the Police and Campus Safety Department. Violations will result in vehicle removal and storage at the owner's expense.
STUDENT PARKING PERMITS
A Parking Permit is required & parking regulations are enforced in all Student Lots during Fall, Spring, Winter and Summer sessions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Student Permits are valid only in Student Lots.
Only during the first two weeks of the Fall and Spring semesters, and during the first week of the Summer and Winter intersessions, a student parking permit is not required in the Student Parking Lots. However, fees ARE required in Metered parking stalls, as stated in the Parking Rules and regulations.
Student Parking Permit Fees:
- $4 Daily Parking Rate
- $50 Fall/Spring Semester – Regular Permit
- $25 Fall/Spring Semester – CCPG Permit
- $25 Winter/Summer Intersession – Regular & CCPG Permit
- $30 Replacement Fee Fall/Spring Semester
- $15 Replacement Fee Winter/Summer Intersession
Online Parking Permit Purchase Information
Now you can order your parking permit conveniently online 24/7! After registering for classes in your portal, go to #31 on your Student Tab. That will take you to the webpage of our permit vendor, Turbo Data Systems, to complete your order. Enter your mailing address, license plate and registration information for each vehicle you drive. Turbo Data Systems will process your permit and mail it to you approximately within a week. You can print a temporary permit to display in the meantime. There is no cost for students to purchase permits online. It is easier, faster, and strongly encouraged.
DISPLAY OF PERMIT
Student and staff parking permits must be clearly displayed. The student parking permit must be displayed from the rear view mirror. The staff parking permit hanger must be displayed from the rear view mirror. Day use parking permits must be placed face up on the vehicle’s driver’s side dash board. Failure to display a valid parking permit will result in the issuance of a parking citation. (AP6750) It is the policy of the College to dismiss parking citations for students who have purchased a parking permit and who have been issued a parking citation for “No Valid Permit Displayed” or “Improper Display of Permit” in a student parking lot, if dismissal is requested within 35 calendar days of citation issuance and a $5 processing fee has been paid to cover the cost of processing these dismissals. Only one parking citation per semester will be dismissed for these reasons.
A refund of the fee will be made through the end of the second week of the fall and spring semesters, and the first week of the winter and summer intersessions. The permit must be returned with the application for refund. If it has already been affixed to the window/bumper, it must be removed and the pieces returned.