Reactivate a Recognized Student Club/Organization (RSCO)
- The following steps have been developed to guide you towards reactivating your new RSCO:
The ICC Advisor will then give access and instructions to the Primary Advisor to submit the RSCO’s officers’ A# via the Club Management system to check eligibility.*Note: An RSCO will not be allowed to form if a similar RSCO already exists.
- Review the Current RSCO List and RSCO Descriptions list for the clubs/organizations that are active/inactive. You may reactivate any inactive RSCO.
- Find a Primary advisor / Co-advisor(s) and 5 eligible students to serve as officers
- Revise the RSCO’s constitution (if applicable; use the constitution template)
- Ask your primary Advisor to email the following to the ICC Advisor, Julia Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Advisor name, Advisor A# and RSCO name
- Revised Constitution (if applicable)
- Primary Advisor must be a permanent full-time college employee.
- Co-Advisor(s) are optional, but recommended and must be a permanent (full-time or part-time) college employee(s).
*Note: Officers may only serve in one position at a time
- Be enrolled in 1 or more Mt. SAC graded units
- Have a Mt. SAC Cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 semester GPA
- Have paid the current Student Activities Fee
- Serve as an officer no more than a total of four semesters
- Revise the RSCO’s constitution with the assistance of the RSCO’s advisor and prospective officers, following the guidelines provided in the template (download template here). Any text in red must remain in the constitution. Type directly into the constitution template and remove wording after filling in your RSCO’s information. *If you do not have access to the RSCO’s constitution, email the ICC Advisor, Julia Walker at email@example.com for a digital copy.
- The draft of the constitution will be reviewed by the ICC Advisor. All requested revisions must be made prior to presenting this document to the Inter-Club Council (ICC). *RSCO constitutions will only be reviewed if all paperwork listed above is complete and all officers listed are eligible.
- Once the constitution is approved by the ICC Advisor, it will be placed on the ICC agenda for voting. A representative from the prospective RSCO must be present.
- Amendments or changes to a RSCO constitution must follow the same approval process as newly submitted constitutions (refer to item #2).